The Karumandi washing station was established in 1961, in the Kirenyaga County, located in the Central highlands of Kenya. These foothills of Mount Kenya have some of the very best soils for planting coffee in the world. The smallholder farmers grow potatoes, bananas, mangoes, and avocados alongside their coffee. The high altitude, volcanic rich soil, and warm temperatures are contributing factors to the fine flavour of the coffee. Coffee varieties used by the farmers are mainly SL28 and SL34. Farmers as part of the Baragwi Cooperative are protected from unfair pricing. The Co-op acts as an auditor and advocate between the farmers and the washing stations. Maintaining fair trading practices for the farmers and in return high standards for the washing station, keeping both parties accountable and cared for.
We're sure you'll enjoy this flavourful coffee from Burundi.
- choose a regular subscription or one-time buy
- choose a bag size
- choose whole bean or pre-ground
For Subscription Option
- 1 bag of coffee (250g or 1kg) will be sent to the shipping address at each set time
- First bag ships when the order is placed
- Recurring shipments of coffee will continue to be sent at the chosen frequency
- Your first charge will be taken from your card when you place the order
- You will be reminded 3 days before reoccurring charges to your card
- Can be canceled anytime