This coffee is a complex coffee with spicy and citrus notes. From the high country of Burundi. There are 4,040 small-hold farmers living around Busiga Burundi, who deliver their coffee cherries to Rugori Central Washing Station (CWS). Rugori is overseen by Greenco, who strive to improve socio-economic and environmental conditions around the washing station. The Rugori CWS have UTZ and 4C certification. They are buying 93% of the cherries directly from farmers via collection centres. This way, they improve the price to the small-hold farmers. In addition, the station has ponds to purify the wastewater from coffee processing before it flows back into the river network. They also use solar panels to provide energy for computers, lighting, and smartphones. This benefits the local farming community, allowing for training on farming practices, gender equality, financial planning, and family planning, all possible. This coffee has a cupping score or 87.
We're sure you'll enjoy this flavourful coffee from Burundi.
- choose a regular subscription or one-time buy
- choose a bag size
- choose whole bean or pre-ground
For Subscription Option
- 1 bag of coffee (250g or 1kg) will be sent to the shipping address at each set time
- First bag ships when the order is placed
- Recurring shipments of coffee will continue to be sent at the chosen frequency
- Your first charge will be taken from your card when you place the order
- You will be reminded 3 days before reoccurring charges to your card
- Can be canceled anytime