This coffee is a complex fruity and nutty coffee. From the high country of northern Burundi. More than 1,640 farmers from 22 nearby hills contribute their cherries to Gihere Central Washing Station (CWS). The washing station is overseen by the sustainability and CWS manager Roméon Patience. Gihere CWS has enabled local coffee farming families to sell their coffee cherries at fair prices, without the need to spend time and resources processing it themselves. This allows the farmers to spend more time pursuing other projects and income generating activities. Gihere CWS also participates in a number of farmer support projects including a goat and pig project and training and distributing coffee trees. Gihere CWS bare the cost of transport for the cherries from the farmers as well as guaranteeing a fair price for all cherries, including unripe, which they sort separately and sell as commercial coffee. This coffee has a cupping score or 86.
We're sure you'll enjoy this flavourful coffee from Burundi.
- choose a regular subscription or one-time buy
- choose a bag size
- choose whole bean or pre-ground
For Subscription Option
- 1 bag of coffee (250g or 1kg) will be sent to the shipping address at each set time
- First bag ships when the order is placed
- Recurring shipments of coffee will continue to be sent at the chosen frequency
- Your first charge will be taken from your card when you place the order
- You will be reminded 3 days before reoccurring charges to your card
- Can be canceled anytime